A highly popular South Indian vegetable stew, the Sambar has rich variations as adapted to various environments and cultures. In all these variations of Sambar, it is the masala which carries the virtuous essence, a delicious taste, and the enamouring aroma that draws your senses. And our spice mix, has everything you want to make a perfect 'Sambar'.
Available in -
Recommended recipe for Sambar -
- Boil about 100 g of soaked Pigeon Peas (Toor Dal).
- Make tamarind paste in water & add it to vegetables (brinjal, onion, drum stick, pumpkin, tomato), along with salt, curry leaves, 1 tbsp. chilli powder, 2 tbsp. of Khedeker’s Surya Sambar Masala and little water.
- Boil for 8-10 min. Add soaked dal, cook on a low flame for 3-4 min.
- Separately, prepare 'tadka' in 2 tbsp. of ground nut oil with 1 tbsp. of mustard oil and 5-6 curry leaves.
- Add this 'tadka' to sambar and garnish with coriander leaves.
* Link - to old pack designs.